Well it's that time of the year......November 1st marks the start of the official Holiday Shopping Season....it also marks Sweet Potato Awareness Month....and really, who doesn't love sweet potatoes? Especially at Thanksgiving! So it's time to get ready for Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and don't forget, Cyber Monday (my personal fav!). Of course we will have special SALES for ALL 3 “holidays”, I use that term lightly! ;)
In the meantime, take a moment to reflect on these fun facts in November 1st history…
- 1512, Michelangelo’s just-completed paintings on the ceiling of the Vatican’s Sistine Chapel were publicly unveiled by the artist’s patron, Pope Julius II.
- 1604, William Shakespeare’s tragedy “Othello” was presented at Whitehall Palace in London.
- 1910, John Adams moves into the White House. 1938, Seabiscuit beat War Admiral at Pimlico.
- 1967, the prison drama “Cool Hand Luke,” starring Paul Newman, was released by Warner Bros.
- 1982, Honda opens first factory in the U.S.
- 2006, Jackson Pollock’s No. 5 1948 is sold for $140 million.
Happy Thanksgiving to ALL ~ Debbie